Frequently Asked Questions
Most frequent questions and answers
How do I become a member?
- CLICK HERE to go to our pricing page.
- After reviewing the different pricing and member benefits, click on the “SIGN UP” button under your preferred tier. This will take you to the signup page.
- Fill in your username, password, email address, and credit card information.
- Now click on “Submit and Check Out”.
Upon a successful checkout, you will receive a welcome email, which contains your registration details and a copy of your receipt.
How much does it cost to join?
We have two membership plans, with different member benefits:
1. LEARNAKAN PREMIUM ($14): Members on this tier gain access to our structured sets of courses, quizzes, downloadable PDF lesson notes, sample dialogues, reading scripts and exercises, progress tracking, certificates, speaking tasks. This tier is ideal for persons who want to learn privately, at their own pace, and have no need to connect with other learners.
2. LEARNAKAN PREMIUM CONNECT ($19): In addition to all the benefits that come with the LEARNAKAN PREMIUM ($14) tier, members on the LEARNAKAN PREMIUM CONNECT ($19) tier also gain access to all the community features of our platform to connect with other members. You get to be part of our international community of Twi learners, engage in discussions with other members, send and receive private member messages, join our private Telegram chatroom for on-the-go member interactions.
Your membership automatically renews each month until you cancel.
How do I cancel my membership?
If, at any point in time, you wish to discontinue your membership, you can go to your membership account page, and click on the cancel button under the “Subscription” menu. Your membership ceases right after with no further charge on your payment method. You may also send us a cancellation request email and we will cancel your subscription on your behalf, immediately.
What level of proficiency do I need to sign up?
All proficiency levels are welcome. Our courses are structured in a chronological manner from basic to advanced lesson sets. So whatever your current level is, you’ll find value in them.
Do you offer one-on-one classes?
Unfortunately, we do not offer one-on-one sessions at the moment.
How do I practise my listening and speaking skills?
Our platform presents a unique opportunity to find study/practice partners for private practice sessions. The site is made up of different people, from different parts of the world, and with different proficiency levels. Members are encouraged to take advantage of this diverse community by building healthy relationships from the start, which will go on to foster easy private practice arrangements. You can arrange to meet as many people as you want on a daily or weekly basis.
When and how do I receive a certificate?
You get a certificate for every course level you complete. The certificates are generated automatically with your name and date of completion on them. They come in PDF format and can be downloaded, printed, framed, hanged, and/or viewed on your devices. Feel proud and share them with your friends and family.
Disclaimer on our certificates?
A LEARNAKAN certificate is just something tangible that you receive at the end of a course level to demonstrate your accomplishment, and to encourage you on. Please note that LEARNAKAN is not an accredited institution and, as such, our certificates cannot, and should not, be used for any formal engagement. They should be seen just like a certificate from Udemy, for example.
Any money-back guarantee?
Certainly! We have a 14-day full money-back guarantee. If you wish to cancel your membership up to two weeks after joining, for any reason at all, just send us a refund request email and you will receive a full refund of the month’s fee. No questions asked.
How do I get Twi keyboard installed on my Mac?
Click here to download a zipped version of the Twi keyboard.
For instructions on how to install, click here.
To switch between keyboards after the installation, watch this video.
How do I get Twi keyboard installed on my PC?
Click here to download a zipped version of the Twi keyboard I use.
Once downloaded, right-click on the file and click on extract files. If you don’t find the option to extract, you would have to download and install a free program called WinRar. You will find that here: https://www.win-rar.com/download.html?&L=0
After extracting the zip file, you’ll find a folder with the name LEARNAKAN KEYBOARD. Open that and double-click the setup.exe file. You can then follow through the instructions to install the keyboard.
After installing, you can switch between your regular keyboard and the Twi one. How you do this may be different on your computer, but I am able to do so by clicking on the Windows key and, while still holding it down, click on the space bar (Windows key + Space bar). If this doesn’t work for you, you may have to go into your computer’s control panel, and add the Twi keyboard under the Regional settings.
How do I get Twi keyboard installed on my Android phone?
Search for and download “Ghanakey” from the Google Play Store. Click here to visit the page directly.
How do I get Twi keyboard installed on my iPhone?
Unfortunately, the only Twi keyboard available in the App store at the moment is a paid one. I haven’t used it myself because I’m on Android but you can check it out. Search for “Nkyea Keyboard” in the App store.